I Love You in French
Ever tried to surprise your girlfriend/boyfriend by
being multilingual? At any time, did you think of this as an option to
please him/her? The prospect of articulating your feelings in a
different language is exciting and also very amusing for the person who
gets to hear it. It also gives an impetus to your emotions apart from
making your partner feel special and loved. It is generally said that
French is the language of love so why not try those three golden words
in the king of the language of love. In the following article we provide
you easy steps on how to say I love you in French.
How to Say I Love You in French
- You first need to find the person whom you want to say the golden
- Speak the name of the person and after that say je t'aime.
- However, there is a specific technique to say je t'aime. The j in
je is pronounced as 'zh' just like the g in 'mirage'. The letter e
is pronounced like the 'oo' in the word 'good'
- The later half of the word, t'aime, is pronounced as 'tem' to
rhyme with the word 'them'.
- You can also choose to call your beloved 'my darling'. In case
you want to call so, it is different for guys and gals. For gals, it
is called as ma chérie, pronounced as 'ma shay ree'.
- For guys it is called mon chéri, which would be pronounced
as 'mo(n) shay ree'. The (n) in mon is spoken with a nasal accent.
- When one is ushered with je t'aime, the other person also needs
to respond to it. All that requires to be said is Je t'aime aussi
which means 'I love you too'. The word aussi is pronounced 'oh see.'